Brighton Yoga Foundation is a registered charity dedicated to spreading the benefits of yoga to the whole local community. It aims to promote public education about the philosophy and practice of yoga. It provides an annual free-entry Yoga Festival in the city, and year-round community yoga outreach activity. It works to give opportunities to experience the physical and mental benefits of yoga to those who have never personally encountered it or who may feel excluded from it.
The Brighton Yoga Foundation has held three highly successful annual Festivals since 2014 which have all been free to enter and paid for by sponsorship, retail income and fundraising. It has also held a range of other similar but smaller scale events at yoga studios in Brighton & Hove and Sussex. It has also set up a charitable grant-giving process enabling small-scale yoga projects to apply for funding for specialist yoga teaching.
The Brighton Yoga Foundation works with others in the local yoga community by:
· Setting up a yoga mat provision service for the yoga community;
· Producing an online directory of yoga studios and teachers;
· Writing up the local history of the yoga community;
· Running a regular yoga teachers’ forum;
· Seeking to embed yoga provision in schools across the city; and
· Establish low cost community & other specialist yoga classes in local yoga studios.